I had never seen it before. It is beautiful and I am extremely grateful and truly honored to be listed as one of her nominees. I’ve recently gotten to know Sherri through photographs, stories and poems.
Though, I haven’t traveled much. I enjoy taking these journeys with her down the wooded paths of the UK, as well as reading about what is going on in her life ― family, her values and struggles.
I find with Sherri, like many I’ve met around the world, there isn’t much difference. Though life is similar, she puts me in touch with a different landscape and culture. I love learning about old buildings, sculptures, landscapes and different celebrations.
Because I had never seen this award before, I thought I’d check out its origin but found there was not much information to report. I did see where Parajunkee in 2009 gave a basic explanation for it:
“The Dragon’s Loyalty Award is an award for the loyal fan/commenter, whether the recipient is a fellow blogger or just someone who follows and comments regularly”.
Rules from what’s been passed on to me
1. Firstly, display the Award on your site (see Award page or sidebar!) You earned it and you deserve it!
2. Link back to the person who gave you the award in your acceptance post;
3. Nominate 15 well deserving bloggers for the Award and let them know the wonderful news by sending them a message on their site;
4. List 7 interesting facts about yourself
Though I may not comment, as frequently on some as I would like, I want to give tribute and introduce some new fellow bloggers I find interesting that I follow, along with others I’ve nominated before:
Mr. Mom’s Monologue – Mr. Andi’s Daddy ― a daddy’s stories on being a father and husband
Creativity Untamed – J.M. Tompkins ― poetry, photos and reflections
Searching for the Happiness – Wendy McCance ― personal stories and internet savvy advice
Smart Living 365 – Kathy Gottberg ― live life better along with photos by husband, Tom
My Life in My 60’s – Barbara Topolosky ― what life is like now and what she’s doing with it
Living Simply Free – Lois Field ― knows how to live life fully and simply (love her Friday Favs)
The One Thing I Know For Sure – Diane Reed ― poetry and photos expressing her life and gratitude
Camino My Way – Randall Germain ― photos/personal accounts of Camino pilgrimage and other travels
Hope of Light ǀ A New Beginning – Supriya ― poetic thoughts of hope and light
Spiritual Journey of a Lightworker – Patricia Singleton ― painful journeys of incest and letting go
Free Your Mind – Yaz Rooney – life experiences and lessons learned
Journey to Ithaca – Bethany ― new adventures working through everyday challenges
Mind Chatter – Rene ― supporter of bloggers on a variety of topics paying it forward
Confidence is an Inside Job – Adalia ― a coach’s positive thoughts on life and living
Simple Thoughts From A Complicated Mine, Sort Of… – Joseph Lewis – journaling his life
Now, on to 7 things about me
1. I am officially retired – though, I’m not quite sure what that means.
2. My first job at 11 years old was working in Virginia fields at a tomato factory.
3. Married at 19 and knew my husband 6 months before we were married ― half of that long distance.
4. Moved to Colorado with no job or family/friends ― sort of modern-day covered wagon adventure.
5. Never read any classics, when I was young. There are still quite a few I’ve yet to read.
6. I couldn’t cook, when first married. Blew up frozen French Fries and started a small stove-top fire.
7. I love the thought of traveling, exploring new cultures, meeting new people and hearing their stories.
Well, that’s it on the nominations and me. Thank you again for this beautiful award and congratulations to everyone. I hope you’ll check them out and enjoy them as much as I.
Pat from the ol’ kitchen table