I remember last year, when I received my first blogger award. I didn’t know there was such a thing for writing and posting on a blog. I was ecstatic, giddy, and felt like a little girl getting a new surprise.
Since then, I’ve met so many talented and inspiring fellow bloggers. I still feel happy and elated, when I receive an award, and have been blessed in this blogging community some 10 times now. What an honor!
From the bottom of my heart, thank you for these awards and with this post I want to do my part in paying it forward. I apologize. I‘m overdue in this acknowledgement and hope you don’t mind that I’m cheating, a little, combining them in one post, rather than separately.
There are a few similar rules to follow in order to pay the gift forward and spread the love and I’ve included them with each award. For my post, I am combining the rules, will tell some things about me you may not know and list 15 of my fellow bloggers I want to pass on one of these awards.
So, here are my latest awards and those that gave them to me:
It made my day when I saw it and brought a smile to my face. Over the months, she has become a dear, internet friend, as we’ve gotten to know more about one another reading and commenting on posts.
There are no rules or questions for this one ― just a shout out, if you’d like to grab this “One Lovely Blog Award” here.
Not only does she create awards, such as this, she is a published author, posts podcasts along with her personal animation and shares her expertise in culinary arts and winery.
She has become such a resource to me in blogging and the internet and is always supportive and willing to help.
I envy those fellow bloggers who’ve had a chance to sit at her California kitchen table and taste, firsthand, creative treats, savor the wine and witness her lovely charm.
Here are the rules:
1. Post a link to my blog and the award/awards image or images you accept on your website.
2. Say a few nice things about the one (me) who gave you the award/awards.
3. Tell us fun stuff about yourself.
4. Share the wealth with others as you see fit. How you choose to do that is entirely up to you.
Most Influential Blogger Award ― October 15, 2013.
We haven’t known each other very long and I was instantly connected with her comments and kindness in sharing my story.
Then, came her awards post and I was blown away to have been included as one of the nominees for this award.
She tells it like she sees it and shares it with the world.
The rules of this award are:
1. Add the award logo to your blog.
2. Answer the questions.
3. And pass the award on to 10 other blogs and let them know.
First you answer all 10 Suggested Questions:
1. What makes you happiest?
2. Do you love the Oceans or Mountains more?
3. What has been a special moment in 2013?
4. What’s your favorite quote?
5. Do you like yourself?
6. Do you stay up till midnight on New Year?
7. Something you wish could be done ASAP?
8. What was your favorite class when still at school?
9. What musical instrument have you tried to play?
10. Anything you had wished to have learned earlier?
She included an explanation of how a blog is chosen from the Versatile Blogger Award along with the meaning of versatile ― “to move easily from one subject, task or skill to another.”
I like that she included this in her award post.
It shows how much this means to her and that she doesn’t take it lightly in choosing who to give these awards.
How to choose a nominee from the site of “Versatile Blogger Award”:
“When you consider nominating a fellow blogger for the Versatile Blogger Award, consider the quality of the writing, the uniqueness of the subjects covered, the level of love displayed in the words on the virtual page. Or, of course, the quality of the photographs and the level of love displayed in the taking of them.”
Here are the rules for this award:
1. In your post, thank the person who gave you this award and include a link to their blog.
2. Select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. (I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
3. Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
4. Tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
And lastly, don’t forget to copy and paste the Versatile Blogger Award to your page!
List 7 Random Things About Yourself!
Now, here are my 15 favorite fellow blogger selections (with the name of the award for which I have nominated them). I hope you enjoy learning from them and reading their stories, as much as I have:
1. “Journey to Ithaca” (Award Winning Blog ― Has Been Blessed Again) ― I’m fairly new to Bethany’s site and was intrigued with her courage and sense of adventure to pick up stakes and leave everything behind. She pointed me to the story called “Blossom” where her journey begins. I love that she’s willing to take chances to make life better.
2. Traces of the Soul (Award Winning Blog ― Has Been Blessed Again) ― by Oliana. Here’s another courageous woman who puts her life out there to help kids in trouble. The lives she encounters and situations are tough but she is too. She has a gift that’s genuine and keeps on giving to make a difference.
3. A View From My Summerhouse (One Lovely Blog Award) ― by Sherri Matthews. I knew we were made from the same stuff, when I saw the Ralph Waldo Emerson quote on her site: “Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not”. I love her photography and reflections on life. She’s not afraid to think outside the box.
4. Timeless Italy (One Lovely Blog Award) ― by Susan Nelson. I’m fairly new to her site but I love how she takes me on a journey every time I visit. I feel like I’m walking down the very streets in Italy where she’s walking.
5. “Living Simply Free” (Most Influential Blogger) ― by Lois Field. I love her site and never come away without something new I’ve learned or a feeling like I’ve just been invited into her home. She is loving and warm and I always enjoy her “Friday Faves”. It’s where she shares her grandchildren, innovative ideas, personal stories and photos, along with links of fellow bloggers she’s enjoyed reading the past week.
6. “Skipping Stone” Memories (The Versatile Blogger) ― by Denise Baer (Bea Sempere). I admire authors with the discipline it requires to write. Denise has certainly accomplished this and is an inspiration to me. Recently, she told me how excited she was to have one of quotes shared on the internet. I can see why with its depth in meaning and simplicity. I put it to a picture I took of the Rocky Mountain aspens. I’ll share it here with the hope it does justice to her quote. Thank you, Denise.
7. A Selection of Recollections (Award Winning Blog ― Has Been Blessed Again) ― by Diana Jackson. I first came across Diana’s site with interest in a post she wrote about her dear friend, Norman. He was over a hundred and learning the computer and internet. Wow! How wonderful and tender in sharing how spectacular it can be, when we’re open and have a zeal for life.
8. The One Thing I Know For Sure (The Versatile Blogger) ― by Diane Reed. She makes me think with her photos and poetry ― sometimes it’s whimsical and other times it’s deep and reflective. She gives me food for thought with her stories and life experiences. I’ve grown to know her well and consider her one of my internet friends.
9. Ghost Talk Blog (Most Influential Blogger) ― by Beverley Young. Now, here’s a woman after my own heart exploring the mysteries and questions of the supernatural. She inspires me with her ghost stories and encourages me in the telling of my own. With ease, she takes me to a peaceful place beyond where our loved ones have crossed.
10. Mimi Luk – Empowering You To Be Your Best (One Lovely Blog Award) – by Mimi Luk, a Personal and Professional Life Coach from Canada, I always get a lift from her gorgeous photos. There is so much beauty in the world and, in her sharing, she lets it shine everywhere along with her positive attitude and messages about life.
11. Italian Living 1 (One Lovely Blog Award) ― by Shauna MacDonald. I know Shauna probably won’t see this for a while, as she is in transition back to the States from Italy. I wanted to include her site, as I always enjoy reading about new places around the world. I’ve never had the opportunity to see very much within my own country, no less abroad, and reading her stories takes me a little closer to my dream of traveling.
12. The Bridgemaker (Award Winning Blog ― Has Been Blessed Again) ― by Alex Blackwell, motivator and successful published author. I’ve known Alex since 2007, in my old Blogger days, and I’m honored to have contributed a story to his latest book called, “Letting Go: 25 True Stories of Peace, Hope and Surrender” coming out Nov. 14th. It’s my hope to post my story on my site after his book is published.
13. John Cali Spirit Speaks Newsletter (Most Influential Blogger) ― by John Cali, also a fellow blogger, I’ve been following since 2007. John is an acclaimed channeler on the matters of spirit and spirituality.
As a child, I had a strong, Christian background through the influence of my grandparents. Early on, I felt a depth of love and faith in God that has carried throughout my life. It’s truly been a journey of questions and curiosity pushing the buttons of traditional thinking.
I was introduced to the possibilities of the world beyond through witnessing my grandmother’s psychic abilities, some of which I’ve written stories. I am looking forward to the opportunity of soon being a guest blogger on John’s blog and now working on a story idea on which I’m anxious to get his views.
14. Searching for the Happiness (Award Winning Blog ― Has Been Blessed Again) ― by Wendy McCance. I can’t end this list without also including Wendy for an award, even though she was first mentioned in the beginning, as one of my award givers. Over the months of reading posts and commenting, we have gotten to know each other and connected in a special way. She opens her heart and thoughts to the world personally and professionally and inspires me.
15. Finding Our Way Now (The Versatile Blogger) ― by Susan Cooper, another fellow blogger my list would not be complete, if she wasn’t included, even though she was named above as an award giver. I’m constantly blown away by her gifts and talents and honored to have her as an internet friend.
10 Things You May Not Know About Me
1. I grew up on the U.S. East coast, Philly and Virginia, even though I’ve lived in the Rockies for over 40 years.
2. I’m not crazy for chocolate.
3. I like all types of music from country and R&B to classical with a lot of rock-n-roll in between. One exception may be rap and that, too, would be a possibility, if the tune and lyrics were right.
4. I got married, when I was 19, only knew each other for 6 months and coming up on our 47 anniversary.
5. As a kid, I hated reading. I’m happy to say, as an adult, that dramatically changed but there are still a number of popular classics I haven’t read.
6. I didn’t know how to cook, when I first got married. I burned a pan and started a stove-top fire.
7. I would love to travel and explore.
8. I enjoy stories about people and their lives and experiences.
9. I once worked in a tomato factory, in the south, in a huge barn, in the middle of tomato fields.
10. I gave a short talk on talking sticks in a major corporate boardroom and asked them to share their feelings on trust.
I know it takes work to accept this award and time from our busy schedules to do justice to those who gave the award along with those you’re nominating and introducing to your readers. That’s what I hope to do in this post.
If you’re not able to accept an award, would you please pass it on to a friend ― Thank You!
I hope you’ll check out my entire list of awarding bloggers on my Awards page and discover some incredible blogs. I’m sure they’d love it, if you stopped by to say, “hi”.
Pat from the ol’ kitchen table