(Photos are from Microsoft Clipart) ~~ As I sit here in thought on what words to write I stop and listen. The night is winding down and the sounds of the house are beginning to quiet. The thoughts I have are of how my day went and of gratitude. Allow me to share a few of them with you in no particular order.
1. the sounds of our grandfather clock
ticking the minutes and hours away so faithfully
2. the beauty of a spring snowfall – 10 inches by us – covering the trees and mountains and putting out the fires that were so devastating
3. listening to my 2-yr old grandson giggle and laugh on the phone tonight
4. family and loved ones to enjoy and love and grow old with
5. pets as companions feeling their warmth and acceptance without having to say a word
6. my little car and how it got me through the snow yesterday
7. my day job (which I really like) to meet the necessities life requires
8. the silence – peace – joy – happiness
9. to be alive – feel my heart beating and breathe in and out – one breath at a time
10. for my Guides giving me a nudge that I had dropped my driver’s license and to go back and look for it; it was there in the parking lot – I found it – thank you, thank you
11. being in love with my life-long partner of 41 years
13. the lessons given to me so I’ll grow and awaken on this path I’ve chosen
14. a body that’s strong and carries me through the courses I take it on
16. a spirit coming forth and beginning to shine
17. a voice sounding out and being heard
18. for the warmth and comfort of home where I can take off my coat, eat a warm meal and just BE
19. the gift of giving to others through maybe a word of encouragement, back rub or writing these words of gratitude to you for taking the time to read them
20. the time to rest and slip off to sleep through the night dreaming dreams and visiting other worlds preparing to get up tomorrow and start it all over again
There are so many other things I could include on this list but I don’t want to see how many I can list. I want to acknowledge the many blessings in my life and to say thank you to my Creator, my family, to you for reading this far, my Angels and Spirit Guides and animal companions.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
And today? Today is a gift.
That’s why we call it the present.