The end of June, I was honored to be nominated for the Wonderful Team Member Readership Award. Thank you to my Scottish internet friend, Shaun Gibson at “Praying for One Day”, for this award.
We have become acquainted through the sharing and exchange of life’s stories and a connection in my father’s parents also being from Scotland.
As relayed by Shaun, below are the:
Rules, Rules, Rules
1. The Nominee of this wonderful Team Member Readership Award shall display the logo on his/her blog.
2. The Nominee shall nominate 14 Readers, they appreciate over a period of 7 days, all at once or little by little.
3. The Nominee shall name his/her Wonderful Team Member Readership Award Nominees as a post or can post during 7 days. (I’m sorry – took me longer.)
No pressure ― I understand that life is busy and maybe you’re unable to accept this nomination and participate. I just wanted to share some extraordinary people I’ve met that have given me the opportunity to stretch my thinking, learn techy stuff, have fun and just join in journeys to different parts of the world.
Here are my 14 sites and I hope you’ll spend some time, go to the links and check out these helpful sites and amazing stories. With this broad range of mixed attractions, no doubt you’ll find something that catches your eye and peaks your interest:
1. “The One Thing I Know for Sure” by Diane Reed a blogger and poet. I especially like her story on how she lost her business and almost her life and daughter’s in an earthquake called “A Thing of Beauty in an Unexpected Place”.
2. “Skipping Stone Memories” by Bea Sempere (Denise Baer), a successful published author who transplanted from Chicago to Germany. I first came to know her through her moving story called “A Love that Lasts Forever” in tribute to her mother she lost Dec 7, 2011.
3. “Searching for the Happiness” by Wendy McCance, a fellow blogger, free-lance writer and realtor. I love her personal stories and willingness to share her expertise on internet and website tips that have been invaluable to me for my site.
4. “Finding Our Way Now” by Susan Cooper, author, graphic artist, food and wine expert. She brings to the table a little bit of everything with a generous heart.
5. “Free Your Mind ǀ An Alternative Look at the World” by Yaz Rooney, a teacher, healer, writer and blogger. I enjoy her reflective thoughts and soul’s journey. She recently completed her pilgrimage on the Camino de Santiago and will be writing about her life-changing experience.
6. “Empowering You to be Your Best” by Mimi Luk, a professional and personal life coach, health and wellness advocate. She strives to inspire with her writing and coaching and is passionate with empowering us how to live our best. In her life-threatening experience with kidney disease where she writes about gratitude in receiving a kidney transplant, I understood her fears and challenges. Her photos are outstanding too.
7. “The Strategic Mama” by Vanita Cyril, a strategic web designer and developer offering training on ways to improve your site sharing her expertise on the internet and blogging. I had to share her site with you as an invaluable resource, particularly if you’re blogging and have a site you’re maintaining. I could spend hours getting into the information and tips she provides.
8. “Reflecting a Life” by Elle Sommer, a writer and motivational coach sharing positive stories, affirmations and videos showing ways to enhance our lives through her own experiences. She is an encouragement to me.
9. “Shift Your Spirits” by Slade Roberson, an author, clairaudient intuitive, poet, metaphysical coach and intuitive trainer. I’ve followed Slade since I had my first blogger site back in 2007. His no-nonsense writing has made me think outside the box and his attention to what is commonly overlooked is inspiring.
10. “Work from the Other Side” by Lynda, a writer, yoga teacher and environmental advocate living in my neck of the woods. She shares stories and insights on issues we may typically leave to the media. They’re important issues happening around us in all parts of the world and she asks us to think and consider their effects on the world in which we live and our children.
11. “LK Watts Confessions” by LK Watts, a successful published author and blogger. Her books are about her travels and candid adventures around the world and her blog gives advice and information on writing. If you’re a writer or contemplating writing, here’s a helpful site to get you started.
12. “Serenity Spell” by Feygirl, an ecosystems and wildlife advocate. I had to add her site again because of the photography and the intelligence in which she shares her expertise and research of local natural spaces and national parks.
13. “The Blurred Line” by Victoria Bruce, a contract writer and blogger. She has managed to escape the routine corporate office grind by holding her own and supporting herself through writing since 1997. Her stories are light and fun and such a breath of fresh air.
14. “Italian Living 1” by Shauna Marie, an interior decorator from Canada and proprietor of a design firm, she found something missing in her life and is fulfilling her dream ― living in Italy. This site takes you on her journey as she writes of her experiences and travels.
Thank you fellow bloggers for the warm, inspirational and informative posts you’ve written. I value your friendship, support and exchange of commentary in the reading of my articles.
Thank you again Shaun for nominating me – I loved doing it. Congratulations to all the nominees and all the best to you!
Pat from the ol’ kitchen table