Words can’t express how truly thankful I am for the following 3 awards given to me by my Scotland friend, Shaun Gibson at “Praying for One Day”. We made an instant connection, when I noticed he lived there as my paternal grandparents were from Scotland. It’s a place that has always fascinated me and I’ve put it on my bucket list as one of the first places I want to visit. I had the chance to Skype with him and loved hearing that accent once more ― put me in tune with my roots.
Shaun lives with chronic Fibromyalgia pain which limits a lot of what he’s able to do, as a man of 40 with a young family. So, he posts on his site on a variety of topics from music, family, personal reflections, ghost stories, space and current events to politics. He researches and passes along what he finds and is pretty successful, I’d say, with 1000+ followers and 100,000+ views. You don’t have to agree with all of what he says, he just wants you to care, be open and be a part of the solution. No doubt, I’m sure you’re bound to find something that will keep you coming back to his site for more.
The 3 awards I’ve been blessed to receive from Shaun are “Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award” (yes, I know it’s a girly award from a guy ― that didn’t stop Shaun), “Semper Fidelis Award” and “Peace and Justice Award”. I’ve acknowledged each one below and followed the listed rules. I hope you will visit the fellow bloggers I’ve nominated for I have grown close to them and enjoy their stories and the messages in their writing. I know I keep choosing some of them for awards over and over only because I feel they are so worthy of recognition.
I know I’ll be posting the pictures of these awards again further on in my post, as I acknowledge them and choose my nominees. I thought they were especially nice and colorful so I just wanted to put them together here, first.
Peace and Justice Award © 2013 Barbara Mattio
On 11/15/13, I received this first award from Shaun on his post called “Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award ― from a Man!”
This award gives me a chance to identify some of my internet sisters I’ve come to know and love. They come from different parts of the world and bring their own flavor and unique style of blogging.
1. Provide a link and thank the blogger who nominated you for this award.
2. Answer 10 questions.
3. Nominate 10-12 blogs that you find a joy to read.
4. Provide links to these nominated blogs and kindly let the recipients know that they have been nominated.
5. Include the award logo within your blog post.
Questions and my answers
1. Your favorite color? (I don’t really know??? There are so many of them I love, depends on the mood I’m in.)
2. Your favorite animal? (Right now it’s our dog, Abby, though I have to say I love horses and cats too.)
3. Your favorite non-alcoholic drink? (Ice tea)
4. Facebook or Twitter? (I use Facebook more only because I don’t text because we don’t have cell phone service in the mountains. I use Twitter only when I’m online.)
5. Your favorite pattern? (My favorite pattern is xx’s and oo’s ― xxxxoooo ― ha-ha)
6. Do you prefer getting or giving presents? (I prefer both giving and receiving – I love to give presents and get excited to see someone’s face, when I know I’ve given them something exceptional. I love receiving them too ― it’s part of the fun giving others the pleasure of seeing my face light up.)
7. Your favorite number? (My favorite number is 11 only because I see 11:11 so much and know it’s a message to listen.)
8. Your favorite day of the week? (My favorite day of the week is all of them now that I’m officially retired. The best one is the one I wake up to every day.)
9. Your favorite flower? (My favorite flower, of course, is the rose because of its delicate beauty and fragrance, though they don’t smell anymore like they used to.)
10. What is your passion? (My passion is learning to live the best way I know how with love in my heart, an appreciation of the life I’ve been given and sharing it with others.)
Here are 10 of my sister bloggers I nominate for the “Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award”:
On 11/29/13, I received a 2nd award from Shaun on his post called, Semper Fidelis Award. I’d also like to thank the creator of this award, Patty, at Petite Magique. She made it because she wanted to be part of a wolf pack. I guess that makes me part of the wolf pack, too.
I have to say, though, Semper Fidelis (Semper Fi which in Latin means “always faithful”), mostly reminds me of the U.S. Marines and my son-in-law who served ― “Oorah!”, a Marine motivational cry, in lieu of a howling wolf. It’s a Marine thing.
- Add the Semper Fidelis Award logo somewhere on your blog.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Nominate 5 bloggers whose loyalty and friendship you value and you consider being part of your “pack of wolves” on WordPress.
- Post something special for all of your nominees separately and dedicate it to them. This can be a quote, saying, poem, and picture. Anything you think that would fit that person.
- Let the nominees know that you’ve nominated them.
Below are nominees of some of my fellow bloggers I think most exemplify this passion for which they stand and heartily share in the writing of their hearts’ message. I am honored to give tribute to them for the Semper Fidelis award:
1. Simple Thoughts from a Complicated Mind, Sort of . . . ― thoughts on everyday life and inspiring others to contribute to life in a positive way. This video is for you, Joseph, in the spirit of persistence and inspiration of success:
2. Grandfathersky ― thoughts and feelings made into words about the world in which we live. I dedicate this Beatles song to you, gfs, for a place in our memories:
3. Johncoyote ― Poetry, Story and Real Life. I dedicate this quote to you, John, in a world with all its mystery:
“The sun, with all those planets revolving around it and dependent on it, can still ripen a bunch of grapes as if it had nothing else in the universe to do.” – Galileo
4. Spiritual Journey of a Lightworker ― my creativity comes from the Universe and benefits the Universe through the sharing of my journey. This quote is for you, Patricia, for those times when we may forget:
“Sing like no one’s listening, love like you’ve never been hurt, dance like nobody’s watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” ~ Mark Twain
5. Perspectives ― the ups and downs of life dealing with my Dad’s Dementia/Alzheimer’s from the point of view being a part-time carer. With great respect, Patrick, this song is for you, with the hope it will give you comfort in the care you had for your Dad.
Peace and Justice Award © 2013 Barbara Mattio
On 12/1/13, I was honored to be included for a 3rd award by Shaun in his post called, “Peace and Justice Award”.
Rules (as passed on by Shaun):
I’m not big on rules, but an award should have some, so I’m told. So here they are:
1. Recipients should frequently write about Peace, Justice, Love — the goodness in the world, or putting goodness in the world.
2. Recipients may also frequently call attention to the bigotry or racism that happens in the world.
3. Link back to whoever nominated you and, since this is about goodness, politely thank them.
4. Spread the love to whomever and however many you believe deserve it!”
5. Sharing ONE video to show feelings on Peace and Justice, PLEASE TRY AND PASS THIS VIDEO ALONG ALSO!! It’s called, “A MESSAGE FOR ALL HUMANITY by Charlie Chaplin” and speaks from the past but is relevant now.
Here are my nominees for the Peace and Justice Award. They are among those who help spread love and peace throughout the world with their poetry, written messages of hope and photographs:
© Blog of the Year 2013 Award — Creators Alyson and Dave Sheldrake at “the Thought Palette”
I guess this now qualifies me for the Blog of the Year 2013 ― twice, if you count these with the others I’ve received this year. It’s the first time I’ve added this award. So, I’m hope I’m doing it right.
Thank you to Alyson and Dave Sheldrake, the creators of this award over at the Thought Palette.
I hope you’ll stop by and check out what else they’ve been up to.
There you go. I hope you will stop by and visit all of these amazing blogs and enjoy reading their stories as much as I. I’m happy to share them with you again and trust you’ll join me in congratulating them for the wonderful love and energy they put into the world.
Pat from the ol’ kitchen table
Copyright secured by Digiprove © 2013 Pat Ruppel